Branding your building and creating a safer space can be rolled into a two-in-one initiative – starting at the front door!
Protecting your interior surfaces while preventing slip and fall accidents is the ultimate function of matting. However, there’s an added benefit. By embedding logo mats into your entrance or walk-off, matting used throughout any commercial, multifamily, hospitality, or senior living building can also add an effective marketing benefit.
Floors are impossible to miss and are one of the first few items our brain registers when we enter a space. Custom matting and logo mats, when used effectively and strategically, add to the visual design of a space and the marketing and branding of it. A logo mat invites patrons and acts as a welcome mat, and when the right size, shape, colours and information are shown, it can make the perfect first impression!
Entrance mats were once viewed as a mere system to keep floors clean but have gained popularity as a powerful marketing tool. Logo mats can be designed to fit with your marketing initiatives and are completely customizable. They can be used as a focal point, provide information, direction for traffic flow – especially during times of social distancing – or as an eye-popping welcome mat. Whatever the purpose, logo mats present endless design and marketing possibilities that are cost effective and easy to achieve.
Walk-off matting is a necessity in winter and provides essential safety when rain, snow, and sleet are prevalent. Custom logo mats and matting will reduce the amount of water tracked in and keep it off your floors, which can cause slip and fall accidents. They also provide added floor protection and will save you money on floor repair and replacement costs.
There are five main rules when selecting the right walk-off matting and constructing the best logo mat design.
- The matting material you use should be high quality and made with durable material able to sustain foot traffic.
- Buy from a professional company with product knowledge.
- New and old facilities seeking LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System certification need to ensure the product they are buying meet the material selection qualifications. With an effective matting system, you can improve your facilities LEED rating.
- Include the logo of the company or business and scale it to size for best optimization.
- Keep the design or messaging simple, eye-catching and easily seen and understood.
Remember, a matting’s function can also be a great marketing tool!